Yu-Gi-Oh!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Asura's Blackwings

DemonGodAsura
    DemonGodAsura

Asura's Blackwings Empty Asura's Blackwings

Post  DemonGodAsura Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:57 am

Monsters=
    Dark Armed Dragon
    The Dark Creator
    Blackwing - Elphin the Raven
    Blackwing - Sirocco the Dawn x3
    Blackwing - Shura the Blue Flame x3
    Blackwing - Bora the Spear x3
    Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow x3
    Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
    Blackwing - Blizzard the Far North x2
    Blackwing - Mistral the Silver Shield x2

Extra Deck
    XX-Saber Gottoms
    Red Dragon Archfiend
    Stardust Dragon
    Black Rose Dragon
    Ancient Fairy Dragon
    X-Saber Urbellum
    Psychic Lifetrancer
    Goyo Guardian
    Blackwing Armed Wing]
    Iron Chain Dragon
    Sea Dragon Lord Gishilnodon

Spells=
    Allure of Darkness x2
    Swallow's Nest x2
    Black Whirlwind x3
    Giant Trunade
    Mystical Space Typhoon
    Gold Sarcophagus x2

Traps=
    Icarus Attack x3
    Bottomless Trap Hole x2
    Threatening Roar
    Torrential Tribute
    Mirror Force
    Call of the Haunted

Well, I saw Black's up, so I figured I'd give mine a go. I don't like Vayu for one reason: the Synchro, is useless, as in effectless. Mistral gives the deck a defensive monster, and it is easily searchable. The Nests are good for deck thinning and searching, along with allowing me to continue an attack during my turn while all other monsters are exhausted. The Sarcos act as 2 more DaD at the start of the duel, but once it gets too late, they become whatever I need. Comments and suggestions welcome. Very Happy
    Pokefan362
    Pokefan362

Asura's Blackwings Empty Re: Asura's Blackwings

Post  Pokefan362 Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:38 am

I'm not exactly the local expert on Blackwings but I have decent experience with them, so I'll give it a shot. First of all, I am very skeptical about Elphin the Raven. I've used it before, and I think that more often than not Elphin becomes a dead draw, since you need another Blackwing anyways to summon it. It can't get you out of a pinch, and when you're at an advantage it usually does not do much to help. I think that Book of Moon does a better job. For one, it's a quick-play AND it can shut down opposing synchro attempts and help kill one of the numerous monster with high attack but low defense scores. Gold Sarcophagus also seems pretty out-of-place in this deck. Certain decks run this because they have a key card that they could use at any time *coughJudgmentDragoncough* but other than on occassion DAD or The Dark Creator it does not have that. In this metagame, Gold Sarcophagus is slow unless you are searching for a really important card. I've personally never tried it, admittedly, but it's up to you. Swallow's Nest I have mixed feelings about. It's used to help your Blackwings dodge destruction, earn an extra attack, etc. but it doesn't work with the Blackwing Synchros and I personally think Icarus Attack is enough chainable removal for your Blackwings. I'd cut that down to 1 or 0, 2 just seems too much. Also, I would recommend dumping either MST or Giant Trunade for Heavy Storm. It's usually better, since it rids the problem permanently and it should harm your opponent more than it harms you if it harms you at all.

I'd recommend replacing whatever you choose to replace with some of the following:
    Book of Moon
    Heavy Storm
    My Body as a Shield
    D.D. Crow

Book of Moon: Great for destroying stronger monsters, stopping synchros, protecting your monsters, etc. Very versatile protection card. Since the Shuras, Boras, and Armed Wings love monsters with low Defense Point *coughDarkArmedDragoncough* it can help you score an extra Blackwing or piercing damage.

Heavy Storm: I believe that Heavy Storm is necessary in most every deck. It should always help you. Unless you're going for a game-ender right there, it's much better than Giant Trunade, and it hits more than MST. Replace one of those with this one. If you REALLY hate backrows, then I guess you can keep them all.

My Body as a Shield: Blackwings swarm, and as such mass destruction effects hurt. My Body as a Shield protects you from that. I use this in most any swarmy deck and it's usually useful. If it just sits there, that is still a precious extra layer of protection.

D.D. Crow: I cannot think of a SINGLE deck these days that does not, even a little bit, rely on their graveyard. As such, D.D. Crow is an option for maining. Works especially well against Vayu decks, and can hurt Lightsworn and X-Sabers a bit as well.
    SilverX
    SilverX

Post  SilverX Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:54 pm

so...couldn't help but noticing...
    w/o the goyo, why is it that you have gottoms taking up space in ur extra deck?
    DemonGodAsura
    DemonGodAsura

Post  DemonGodAsura Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:07 pm

Eh, just because I own it. Once I get an Armor Master (if ever), that will take its place.
    Tantara
    Tantara
    Administrator

Post  Tantara Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:58 pm

I'm anti-Mistral, but it's your choice. I highly recommend that you replace
    -2 Mistral
    -1 Elphin
    +3 other good DARK monster such as Breaker the Magical Warrior

-2 Swallow's Nest (SO... situational...)
    +1 Heavy Storm
    +1 Brain Control

-1 Threatening Roar
    -1 Icarus Attack
    +2 Waboku (far superior to threatening as Vayu and Lightsworn are more common then glads)

Book of Moon should be incorporated as well.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:11 am